This week in the Big League Magazine, Pamela Whaley has written a tremendous feature article on Brad Arthur. The article gives Eels fans a great insight into Arthur’s passion for coaching and a little bit of a look at what makes him tick.
In encouraging people to purchase Big League this week, I’d like to highlight the following highlights from her feature:
- Brad Arthur has been coaching his Rouse Hill Rhinos junior team for the last four years, juggling the demands NRL coaching and junior coaching for the past 3 years. His young charges have qualified for 3 consecutive grand finals.
- Coaching junior footy is as much of a passion for Arthur as coaching at NRL level, with his enjoyment of coaching without pressure being a genuine attraction of coaching the Rouse Hill kids. As he says, “This is just pure fun with no judgement. You get enjoyment out of seeing the kids having fun and getting better too.”
- Both of Arthur’s boys, Jake (the Snake) and Matthew (Boods) play for the Rouse Hill club, Jake being in the under 14s team coached by BA and Matthew taking the field with some older boys in the 11s
- BA barely misses games, even with his NRL commitments, and will catch early flights home after interstate games to ensure that he’s back in time for the junior matches.
- The straight talking approach of Arthur is appreciated by his NRL team, and the junior players hang off his every word
I’d certainly encourage Eels fans to grab a copy of Big League to read Pamela Whaley’s wonderful feature. You’ll get a genuine appreciation of Brad Arthur the man and his commitment to junior league and the great game of rugby league.